The school provided a well-equipped facility for its disabled students, and was a pioneer of "accessibility" with automatic doors and extra-wide elevators. Facilities included a medical department on school premises which housed an infirmary, dispensary and exercise room. The services of a physician, physical therapist, full-time registered nurse and a "physical medicine consultant" were provided free to the students. The school also housed an extensive horological library, recreation facilities, and a full kitchen and dining room.
The school received its financial support from the Joseph Bulova Foundation.
* "Joseph Bulova School of Watchmaking Training Manual", 9th edition, pub. 1968.
Time Line of Events:
1946- The Joseph Bulova School of Watchmaking Opens its doors. Funding for the school provided by the Bulova Foundation
1948- 200 Graduate from the School
1949- Two Bulova school graduates are hired by Tiffany & Co.
1950-300 Veterans have graduated from the school
1950-53-400 Have now graduated from the school
1959-590 Graduates from the Bulova School find employment
1961- By this time 700 have graduated
1963-760 total Graduates
1964-796 have completed the program
Due to the collapse of the mechanical watch industry and the advent of inexpensive quartz watches, the school fell into decline and closed .